Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Time For a Regroup!

It's easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life. Work, errands, cleaning, bills, relationships, being healthy and the list goes on and on. I can often relate to how a hamster feels running in the wheel thing, especially when I am on the treadmill (ha ha). I also find it all to easy to get caught up in worrying about all the things listed above. What's going on at work, what does the future hold. Running errands from one side of the state to the other. Bills...well do I really need to elaborate on those. Cleaning...yeah because that is what I want to do in my free time. Relationships, I love spending time with my family and friends and being part of everything going on, but I also enjoy me time, and what about dating and wondering if I will ever meet my Prince Charming. Being healthy is a job in itself, writing the grocery list, making meals for the week, planning workouts. Well I think you get the hint. This is just my list, everyone's list is different and everyone's struggles are unique and important to them.

Life Keeps Moving

Sometimes when I feel myself spinning on that wheel of life I realize that I am missing out on fun things. I don't dance and sing to music as much because I am in my head. I may not take the time to appreciate the flowers that I walk past going to my next store. At the end of the day I know inside I am missing something. Life should include happiness and enjoyment. This is the time I like to remind myself to REGROUP. Take a step back and breathe. Most of the time I will actually say out loud "Cindy you need a regroup". Stop and smell the roses. Whatever term you want to use, remember it and when you feel yourself getting stuck on your wheel of life remind yourself what is important. I know sometimes that is easier said than done, but it really does help, and it really does help you appreciate what you have. I love waking up and  instead of instantly jumping out of bed I will look over and see my cats snuggled up. I love thinking of the smiles on my nieces faces when I see them on the weekend. Having coffee with my mom and sister. Walks with my dad. Meeting up with my best friend Debbie and laughing over anything and everything. Loving the fact that I live close to work and can go home for lunch.

Smile and Be Happy and Healthy
Having fun with my nieces, Ashley and Kaitlyn
I workout so I can keep up with them

The way I see it is the cleaning will always be there, do a little at a time. There will always be bills to pay, try not to add to them. Remember that being healthy benefits you and everyone that loves you and makes you feel great and is definitely worth all the time and effort! Running errands helps you get everything you need to stay on track and hey you never know who you will meet or what adventures you could encounter along the way.Wondering what the future holds, doesn't actually change the outcome, but living your life does so make it a happy one.

Soul Sisters
My best friend Debbie
Always encouraging me to be healthy, workout, and smile

I truly believe that happiness should always be a priority. And in case you are wondering, on days or weeks when I am on my wheel of life I will go back and read everything I just wrote as a reminder.

Life Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment