Thursday, July 31, 2014

Freedom to Move

I am not always the most graceful person, in fact I am sometimes a big clutz. I can trip on nothing and I'm pretty sure I have managed to get myself tangled and flustered by my purse straps while looking for something in my bag. It was no different when I started working out and liked to listen to music. It's amazing how much trouble that one little wire connecting my headphones and my iphone could get me in.

Being a clutz takes skills
See I am not a clutz I just have skills

I would be on the treadmill, swinging my arms and they would always seem to catch the wire, sometimes sending my phone flying or making me use quick reflexes to catch it mid air. Forget when I started using weights. I was all sorts of flustered. Convinced that working out wasn't really about the equipment, but more trying to avoid getting tangled; I knew there had to be a better solution and who would know best...my dad! I knew he wasn't getting caught up in any wires while he was bicycle riding and if there was a neat piece of equipment or trick he would know exactly what it was. He reminded me about the bluetooth headphones my mom had gotten for him when he first started riding. He said they worked and he loved them!  That was it I needed them. I went running around that day to find them and finally a friend of mine tracked them down at a local store. They had one pair left and I believed they were meant for me. 
stay in shape easier
Bluetooth LG Tone+ HBS-730
Makes the gym and working out easier
These are the coolest headphones ever! The model I got is the LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730. They charged up really quick and I was able to use them that day. When you turn them on there is a voice that tells you battery level. They synced with my Iphone 4s easily and in seconds. The play, pause, rewind, forward and volume controls are upfront and very easy to get to.  I went walking and not once did I get tangled in any wires it was great. It was so light I forgot I had it on, until I was walking along enjoying my music and tangle-free moment when all of a sudden the headset started vibrating. I had no idea what that meant until my ring tone went through the headset and I realized I was getting a phone call. Yes you can use it with the phone and let me tell you it was crystal clear, my friend had no idea I was 4 miles away from home in a field using a new headset until I told her.  I used them for a week every day for about an hour a day and had to only charge them up once. 


Hands free headset
Me demonstrating how the headset looks on and how they work.
They are so light you forget about them

Not only did I love this headset but my cat Abby loved them too, she loved them so much that my sweet innocent angel (ha ha) decided while I was charging them one day to eat through the thin cord connecting the ear buds. I was not happy with her that day. My advice, if you have pets that love your headset like my Abby did, is to charge them in a secret location. Mine now get charged in a drawer, and I hope she never figures out how to open drawers. I did replace that pair within 24 hours, found them on Amazon.com. I can't imagine going back to an old school wired headset now. 

Highly recommend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment