Sunday, July 27, 2014

Fun and Relaxing

Usually I am on the go, always doing something or planning something, but this weekend I tried to do things a little different. First, not making plans, just seeing where the weekend took me. Second, relax. 

Last night I followed through my first plan and when something fun came up I went with it. My friend text me to come over and hang out for a little to catch up. You know how it goes things get busy and next thing you know it's been way too long since you have seen anyone but family and coworkers. I decided it was time for a visit and wouldn't be out too late. It turned into the 2 of us sitting in her living room laughing and talking about everything and anything. How her husband and son didn't wake up with all the giggling is a mystery to me. I didn't leave her house until after 3:00 a.m. I can't even tell you the last time I saw 3:00 a.m. unless it was to get up and use the bathroom in the middle of the night. 

good relationships
This pretty much sums up my friendships, no words needed, but lots of laughs

I came home and got ready for bed and even turned off my alarm clock for Sunday morning. I slept better than I have in weeks and didn't wake up until after 10 am! I spent the morning puttering around my condo. Had a yummy breakfast, went to the store across town to return shoes, and then came home and proceeded to follow through with my relaxing plan. I finally got to catch up on shows that I love, like Nashville. Yup this Jersey girl loves herself some country music and drama. My cats were snuggled and scattered all over my condo. 


amazing tv show
Nashville on ABC. Love this show. Music, drama, and hot outfits

For the rest of the afternoon I sat happily in condo, completely relaxed. Absorbed in my tv show drama and the peacefulness of my space. Now I know why people recommend a rest day; it's healthy for the mind, body, and soul. I feel like it has completely rejuvenated me and I am ready for the week ahead. 


Norwegian Forrest Cat
Chelsea relaxing on the floor next to me
Love my cats
Abby didn't take a selfie. She was laying on me all day.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment