Monday, July 21, 2014

Positive Energy for a Good Day

I truly believe that your surroundings impact your attitude and outlook. Think about it, if you hang out in a dark place or with really negative people don't you eventually start thinking negative as well and even feel more negative and down....


Happy Positive Space
Create your positive space


Majority of my day is spent in my office working. Sure it would be nice sitting on a beach somewhere being a lazy beach bum, but let's face it that doesn't exactly pay the bills and the winning lottery ticket has not found it's way to me yet. I wanted to make my office a happy, fun, positive, place to go into every morning. I started filling it with things that make me smile and also motivate me. I put motivational sayings on my screen saver, and absolutely love when I catch my coworkers reading them and enjoying. 


Quotes for Happiness and Inner Peace
A few of my screen savers...some inspire and some just make me smile

When I think of my happiest times, it's when I am with my family and especially my nieces. Those 2 little girls bring so much joy into my life, so of course I had to put pictures of them around my office and I included some of their art work. I fully admit there are times on busy days I love just being able to take a breather and look at my pictures, I feel happier and calmer. 


Family Time is Important
Ashley and Kaitlyn
Yep, they took a selfie
Recently my sister's family went to Florida and when they got back my nieces presented me with some beautfiful shells they had collected for me on the beach. They were so proud to show me the different shells and colors and tell me all about how they picked them; I really wanted to do something special with them. Then it hit me, I had the perfect idea!!


Finding shells along the Florida coast
These girls have great taste in shells!
Thank you to my sister for sending me the pictures of them digging and searching in Florida

A few months back my dad and I participated in our first 5k event and we did it together. It was a truly wonderful experience I will never forget. The event took place at a winery and at the end we all received a wine glass. I felt the same way about the wine glass as I did with the shells, I wanted to do something special with it...You see where I am going with this...


Healthy Fitness and Happiness
Dad and me completing our first 5k.
Could you tell I am a little excited?

I put the shells inside the wine glass, rearranged them about a million times and now they sit on the window sill in my office. Looking at that wine glass makes me feel motivated and encouraged remembering how I got the glass and the shells make me feel loved inside thinking of the girls telling me about the shells. 


Florida Beach Shells in Wine Glass
I absolutely love how my wine glass and
beach shell creation came out..made with love

Fill your place with joy, whether it be your office or home, find things that make you smile and feel good inside. It really helps make the days happier and more fun. 



Positive Office Environment
Views from inside my office
Pictures and items throughout, all come with happy memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment