Sunday, July 13, 2014

Running For Great Finds

For so many years my go to exercise/stress release was walking on the treadmill.  I'm fortunate to have a treadmill in my condo and I also have the gym. The beginning of this year as the weather got a little nicer, I realized I was tired of being cooped up from winter and needed to get out. One morning I was getting ready to venture out around town and thought...hmm where am I supposed to put my things. I carry my house key, a little wallet with my ID, and cell phone. Since it was still chilly out I was wearing my vest so I had pockets, but I was on a mission to figure out what everyone else out there was using, because they definitely weren't wearing their purses.

Fitness trail
I love how free I feel walking this trail


I found a walking belt on amazon.com that seemed pretty neat, the SPIbelt. It claimed to be big enough to hold all my stuff and small enough not to drag me down and it wasn't expensive. I got it in the mail and all I could think was no way this will hold all my stuff, but surprisingly it did as it claimed. I have been using it for the past 4 months. Lately I have been adding in a mix of jogging and running and noticed it bounces around a lot and gets a little annoying, plus when I want to take pictures along the way, getting my camera out and back in wasn't the easiest

Running and Jogging Belt
SPIbelt. Small but surprisingly fits plenty for you to hit the trails.
(I'm still working on my selfies)


I told my dad what was happening and we took a trip to Sports Authority, where he found me a belt called Nathan's 5k. I tried it out around the store and knew my dad was on to something. Yesterday morning I got up to walk the park and was so excited to try out my belt. I put everything in there, including extra keys since I had to drive to the park. It was so light and comfortable I forgot I was wearing it. I was able to stop along the way and take out my phone easily to grab some pictures of the park. Jogging, it didn't even budge. I absolutely love this belt and highly recommend it!

Exercise Fitness Belt
Nathans 5K belt. Lightweight, plenty of room, stays put while jogging and running

No comments:

Post a Comment