Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bring on the Filling Healthy Food


I wanted to share some new favorite food finds for the week. Last I told you I was going to try and incorporate some more protein and healthy fats into my daily menu. After shopping and talking with my mom I got some ideas and decided to try them out. I know it's only been a few days, but what I can tell you is I have way more energy than I have had in weeks and my thoughts aren't always about food and what will I eat next. Instead I have been able to concentrate more, I am working out after work and tonight I even went shopping with my dad to Sports Authority. He was helping me find a new belt to hold all my stuff when I go for walks.

Let's talk breakfast. I love eggs, cooked all different ways. Lately I have been enjoying them cooked overeasy, mine usually come out somewhere between overeasy and overmessy, but still taste just as yummy. To add extra protein and healthy goodness I added some shrimp on the side; and for my veggie fix I cut up half a zucchini, cooked it in coconut oil with garlic, salt, and pepper. DELICIOUS!! And very filling.

Healthy low carb breakfast
Eggs overmessy (Cindy style), shrimp, zucchini cooked in coconut oil

My next idea was for snack time before the gym. I really don't like going to gym and feeling like I have no energy or halfway through I am starving. I also needed to find something that I could eat at my desk at work. I took some romaine lettuce, spread spicy mustard, added Boar's Head Turkey (less process and no nitrates like other lunch meat) and Colby-Jack cheese. It was so filling and delicious. I used 3 oz of the turkey and 1 slice of cheese cut up. It was surprising how many lettuce rolls you can make with all that.


Low Carb, Gluten Free Snack Idea
Easy and healthy snack idea for work


gluten free snack ideas
Lettuce, turkey and cheese rolls

I can definitely get used to eating this way and on a lighter note, my pants aren't suffocating me when I button them. WOOHOO! 

Feel free to share any other food finds that might help me along my food and health journey and I hope you like my food finds if you decide to give them a try. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment