Monday, June 30, 2014

Hair and Skin and Mosquitos...Oh My!!

As I've mentioned I love summer! There is something wonderful about the sun on my skin, relaxing at the pool, so many delicious fruits available, tons of events and festivals to wander around at, and of course my favorite BBQ!

Not only does the warmer weather mean it's time to switch out the clothes in the closet, but it also means time to switch up the products I use. I thought I would share some of my fun finds and maybe you will try one or more and love it too.

Let's talk hair! I have naturally wavy hair with a mind of it's own. I have been searching for products that I can use on my hair to help control the craziness. I believe I have found the solution!! While wandering around the store one day I came across the clearance rack with some hair products that sounded interesting all for $.97 each, I thought why not. The next day I tried the products in my hair and was pleasantly surprised! When my hair is damp I put a dime size amount of the Organix kukui oil through it, once it dries a little more I spray the Organix sea salt spray and reapply during the day if my waves get flat. My hair actually had a nice beach wave going on and it lasted for most of the day. I promise next time I decide to go wavy for the day I will add a picture. 

Curly Hair Solutions
Organix Kukui Oil and Moroccan Sea Salt Spray

While I have enjoyed the beachy waves and how quickly it can be done, I prefer my hair straight. Anyone with curly/wavy hair who straightens it knows moisture, humidity, dampness, whatever word you prefer, equals a bad hair day. New Jersey summers are full of many humid days. In the same clearance rack I found straightening products and thought, why not. So after my wavy hair day success I went for the straight look. I loved that the Orgsnix smooth perfection cream was to protect my hair from heat as well as helping with frizz. Once my hair was dry I used my straightening iron and then applied a very small amount of the Organix macadamia oil. That oil smells wonderful!! Between both products my hair was shining and looked silky smooth all day, even going from the air conditioning to the humid outside. 

Smooth Hair Solutions
Organix Moroccan Smooth Perfection Cream and Macadamia Oil 

Let's face it what we use in the shower is just as important as everything we use after. I color my hair so I look for products that won't strip the color and even help it last longer. I'm a big fan of L'oreal products and these three get two thumbs up each. I use the color vibrancy shampoo every day and I rotate between the EverPure color care smoothing conditioning and the EverPure color care moisture conditioner. Keeps my hair from getting dried out and straw-like. And I love my color! 

Color Safe Hair Solutions
L'Oreal EverPure Color Care Smooth Conditioner, L'Oreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo, and
L'Oreal EverPure Color Care Moisture Conditioner

Hair is important, but we can't forget to skin. The sun brings warmth but it also brings UVA/UVB waves. I'm not sure what that stands for, but I do know those waves are dangerous and can cause sun burns and leave you vulnerable to skin cancer. When I was younger my mom would tell me to wear lotion, I of course thought using tanning spray was a better idea. That was until The dermatologist had to have to spots removed two suspicious dots from my arm and chest. I got lucky with those, but figured I better try and avoid that again! Now I use sunscreen. Before heading out to the pool I love applying Hawaiian Tropic silk hydration in SPF 30. The smell alone will make you feel like you are on vacation and it leaves your skin so smooth while protecting. The after sun is great for the skin as well and helps hydrate after you have been in the sun all day.

Sunscreen and After Sun
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 30 and After Sun Lotion

The sun is on you even when you aren't laying out hoping for a tan so don't forget to apply sunscreen whenever you leave the house. If you are like me, the chances of your remembering are slim until you realize you are getting burned and forgot to use sunscreen. I came across this wonderful Eucerine Daily moisturizer that has SPF 15 in it. I put it on as soon as I dry off after my shower and I know at least I have that protecting me. It goes on so light and smooth and really leaves my skin hydrated. This really came in handy this weekend. I was out with my taking photos for my fire department at a large drill for 3 hours with the sun besting down on us. No shade. I did end up getting a little color, but had I not applied the Eucerine sunscreen I would have been in bad shape and really sunburnt. I'm so glad I got that lotion! At night when I want some extra lotion after the dry air conditioning air I love cvs brand cocoa butter. Another one with a smell that makes you feel like you are on vacation.


Skin Protection and Extra Moisture
Eucerin Daily Protection Lotion with SPF 15 and CVS Brand Cocoa Butter lotion 

The last item I think is important enough to bring up has to do with all the bugs! Humid air and warm weather brings out some creepy crawlers, especially Mosquitos and ticks. No thanks!! Knowing I was walking in the park the other day I picked up a can of Off! spray since it was on sale and I hoped it was good. This stuff wasn't just good it was great. I sprayed it and my dad didn't, some bugs enjoyed him but I didn't notice any. The spray itself went on and dried right away and didn't smell at all. I will be stashing this in my car for moments I find myself outside and need to spray. 

Dry Bug Spray
OFF! Deep Woods Dry Spray

Hopefully you find one product you might want to try or have tried. I would love to hear feedback and if you have any products you think I would enjoy please feel free to let me know. I love finding new great products and sharing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment