Thursday, March 31, 2016

Put Down the Peanut Butter!!

Finally April is tomorrow. Hurry up April has become a theme between my friend Marissa and me. Why you ask, because since the year has started it has been non-stop craziness. Projects and deadlines at work seemed never ending. Usually I don't mind, but when one starts before another one or two ends it does become a bit much. However, I was trusted with some really important and wonderful jobs, for that I am thankful. I was given a chance to learn and grow and see what I am made of. I made some big belly flops along the way but I never gave up. I received the most incredible amount of support from my boss. When I doubted myself, he never did, and always encouraged me to keep trying. This week closed out one of the bigger projects. This was almost 6 months in the making, but really picked up speed back in January. As of today I can officially say that project is closed and was a huge success!!

how to accomplish projects at work
I was given a mission and with a team of other amazing people we made it happen!
Now on the home front...I miss my couch. I have been working late and trying to catch up with friends that I am feeling a little sleepy these days. I did manage to keep up with my 5 am 21 Day Fix workouts!  I feel like that really helps jump start my day.  BUT I must confess, I haven't been 100% with my eating. More like 80%. I've noticed by the end of the week I am tired and reach for the bad foods, for me, bad eating involves a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. GUILTY! Actually right before I wrote this I was sitting on the couch with a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. The good news is I didn't finish the jar, the bad news is I ate half before I went WTF are you doing!! The peanut butter jar is now safely behind pantry doors. I am back in touch with myself and confessing my food sins to all of you.

I was tired, so tired and victory of the week,
and the peanut butter called me from the pantry!


Peanut butter every day
I workout every day, do I qualify for this...

Sometimes it amazes me how strong I am at work and never give up, but when it comes to eating better and being consistent all it takes is a sleepy night and a jar of peanut butter to get me off my track. I'm pretty sure I consumed 1200 calories alone with the peanut butter tonight, that's a lot of workouts to burn it off...sigh...back to the drawing board.

Don't give up on a goal
Well this seems fitting for tonight...good reminder.
I still feel bad, but tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment