Monday, March 28, 2016

21 Day Fix...Week 1 Done

I am very excited to announce I finished my first week of 21 Day Fix. What is 21 Day Fix you ask... It is a Beachbody home workout program.  Over the last few months I have been trying to get back into working out. As you know from past posts I used to go to the gym and also loved walking outside. I didn't really go to the gym at all last year. I tried to go back to it, I really did, but when I started driving there one day after work I got halfway there and made a turn and went home instead. As for walking outside, well since being bit by a dog in the park (Time to Heal), walking outside doesn't really appeal to me. I needed to find a routine that would work.

minion workout meme
Yup that sounds about right for me


take a nap
I love naps...maybe I should start scheduling them too

I also discovered that unless I get up at 5:00 a.m. to workout it most likely isn't going to happen. I tried a couple of home DVDs that were good, but just not giving me the results I wanted. I had purchased and started...well barely started...21 Day Fix last year and decided to give it another shot.

beachbody calendar
Every day is a new workout and new muscles get called into action

Last Monday was my first workout (Total Body Cardio), I hated it and loved it at the same time! My muscles were screaming, sweat was dripping off me, and I knew come Tuesday I was going to be sore. I was not wrong, I was so sore but in a good way.

After my first workout, do you see the sweat!
I don't usually sweat, especially working out at home.
Such a good workout!

A good workout recovery
If I didn't have a meeting Tuesday,
I would have put my hair in a bun and called it a day.
21 Day Fix is a set of workouts that are 30 minutes long. Each day is a different workout and each workout brings new muscles into play. I love that every workout offers modifications, this allows me to go at my own pace and grow. It also allows me to not jump and hop around too much. I live on the second floor of a condo building. I don't think my downstairs neighbors would appreciate me doing jumping jacks at 5 am. Speaking of condo living, I don't have a lot of space to workout, these workouts don't need a lot of space, it's perfect!

Condo living doesn't offer a lot of workout space, but ...

 when I move the coffee table I have just enough for a good workout!
I am so excited to keep you all updated of my progress during the next 21 Days. There is a link on the side my blog if you want to check it out. If I have to wake up at 5 am to workout I might as well enjoy it and know I am going to get results.

Beginning Stats:

Chest: 33"
R. Arm: 12"
L. Arm: 11"
Waist: 28"
Hips: 36"
R. Thigh: 21"
L. Thigh: 22"
R. Calf: 13"
L. Calf: 13"

Weight: 128"
Total Inches: 18

Next measurement update in 21 Days!




No comments:

Post a Comment