Monday, March 21, 2016

Pulled Pork Deliciousness

Playing in the kitchen has really become fun for me. I used to be so afraid. What if something comes out bad? What I have learned is sometimes things come out bad and that's not fun, but then you try again and make adjustments and it could turn out to be your favorite meal!

My mom recently cleaned out her extra freezer and had some pork shoulder she wasn't going to make, she donated it to the feed the Cindy fund and I happily cooked it up. I did some research first online..the usual places..google and pinterest. I wasn't really sure what to do, but the crockpot seemed like the best option. I found a couple of different recipes, took what I liked about each one and made my own recipe hoping for success. I can tell you I was not disappointed! Hello melt in my mouth and happy belly food pork shoulder.

Recipe time...

Pulled pork slowcooker
This is just one of many many ways to cook the pork shoulder
** I forgot to add 1/2 cup of water to the above recipe. **

Crockpot approved dinner
Done and shredded. Ready to be eaten!

I couldn't believe how juicy and tender it was when it was cooked and the flavor blew me away. I made that! And my condo smelled delicious for days.

In the past I didn't really share my cooked food, especially if I made up the recipe. I was afraid no one else would like it, but then I realized I wanted to know. I wanted other people's opinions and I wanted to know if there are tweaks I could make to make it even better.  Thankfully my dad and a few coworkers are brave and have been my go to testers. They all approved and asked for this dish again!


How to cook pork shoulder for your family
Happy dad, happy daughter!
He loved it and trust me he is not an easy sell.

I had plenty for the week and loved mixing it up with different sides.


Broccoli and zucchini 

Easy to make dinner
String beans and caulirice,
I also added a little balsamic dressing to this dish

Enjoy!  If you make it I would love to hear your thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment