Sunday, March 20, 2016

Out of Balance

The last few weeks have been non-stop. It hasn't been bad things just non-stop. Sometimes I wasn't sure if I was coming or going. Work took top priority, second place went to working out and weight loss, everything else came after that. 

Busy days and scheduling
This is how I feel my calendar looks


I had made plans for every night after work last week, I thought I got this...nope. By mid to end of last week I noticed my patience was really thin. Things that normally wouldn't bother me, really did! I was sleeping, but going to bed way too late and waking up already cranky and not even wanting to workout, which I have really been enjoying. I was having really bad food cravings at night and wanting to mindless eat. I was struggling to focus because my mind was already on the next thing. 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel... 

My weekly plans also included to get pedicures with my friend/co-worker Marissa. The pedicures hit the spot!! Marissa and I never get time to just hang out and relax. We both work really hard and decided to start treating ourselves by having an after workday date once a month. While we were sitting there completely getting pampered I realized how lacking I have been in taking care of myself. Sure I eat healthy and workout but what about relaxing, what about all the stress...it has to go somewhere. We walked out of the pedicure place feeling fantastic! That will be on April calendar as well! 

Pamper yourself
I am making time to pamper myself!
 
Also set for Friday was plans with my friend Jay. During the week Jay said we should try something new after dinner and go to this place called the Amazing Escape Room. He said it's a neat mystery/puzzle where you get locked in rooms and have to find clues throughout the room to find keys and escape. Heck yeah count me in! It was a late night, but I have to tell you I had more fun that night than I had in ages!!! While we were at dinner, some bag pipers came in the restaurant for a little day after St. Patty Day music, we got to sit and talk, and then walked to the Escape Room. We got hooked up to work with this larger group of people and they turned out to be so fun to work with. We all hit it off. And yes we did escape in time!!  They even told us we had the best time escaping from all the teams that night. Walking back to the car it hit me, I had fun. I laughed. I relaxed. I wasn't worried about anything. I wasn't 2 steps ahead of myself. I just had FUN!  


Fun date night idea
Jay and I after the escape!
Such a fun time 
So now I realize I need to find a better balance between work, health, relaxing, and fun. I took this weekend and relaxed. I slept late since I was able to. I played in the kitchen. I am now sharing my story with all of you and soon I will be watching The Walking Dead. Tomorrow is a new day and week, I plan on keeping time open to relax and have fun!  I don't want to get out of balance again, being cranky and tired is absolutely no fun at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment