Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tea Time

When I found out I had to cut out some foods/drinks in order to help my body heal I was on board. Whatever it would take to get better. No gluten, no problem. No wheat, okay sure. No rice and potatoes, sure whatever I don't eat them that much any way. Cut back on sugar, eh who shouldn't cut back really. No dairy, umm that's no fun, but if that's what it takes. No coffee...wait what?!?! No COFFEE!!  That's it, I can't survive, life can't go on. How will I function, how will I still have friends and a job without coffee....

Coffee withdrawal
Yup, this is how I felt
(photo credit: http://explodingdog.tumblr.com/)

So there I was, faced with the option. Challenge the results and continue to drink my coffee, hoping that by eliminating the other foods it would help enough to heal or take the plunge and cut it out. I decided coffee wasn't worth my health suffering even just a little. On the way home I picked up some tea so I wouldn't have bad caffeine withdrawal and mentally prepared myself for starting my next morning without coffee.

By mid-week, I wanted to curl up under my desk I missed coffee so much and it was a hellish week. Thankfully my coworkers are amazing, especially my friend/coworker Marissa. She let me try lots of different ones she had stashed at her desk, Mary talked my out from under my desk, and at the end of week one I was feeling pretty darn proud of myself. I even noticed I wasn't having afternoon crashes as much...interesting. I started googling and found out that tea is actually very beneficial for your health.

Tea is good for your health and body
So many wonderful reasons to drink tea, even if you can drink coffee

The following week I was off from work, it was close to the holidays and I had time to spare. I made plans to go out with my friend T (Theresa). She told me to meet at her place and then she was kidnapping me. Wouldn't tell me where we were going or doing. Ooh exciting! I followed orders and hopped in. We ended up in the mall parking lot. I thought okay, not so much exciting but still fun. She handed me an envelope, said happy holidays and enjoy! Her and her husband surprised me with a gift card to Teavana. She said they were so proud of me for giving up coffee and still smiling. If you haven't heard of Teavana it's a store (online as well) that sells all different types of loose tea. Different blends and types and tea accessories. We walked into the store and I was absolutely in tea heaven. So many flavors to choose from!! I picked up a few bags of different flavors, I went over my gift card limit but it was worth it.

Lots of options with tea on taste and flavor
JavaVana Mate...has a very similar flavor to coffee.
Highly recommend for my fellow coffee lovers

My favorite is one called JavaVana Mate...why you ask, because it has a very similar taste as coffee!! Some people just enjoy coffee because of the caffeine. They add sugar and milk and stuff..not me I always just loved the pure taste of coffee black. Lately I have craving that taste big time and went back to restock my Java finally and so glad I did!! I am enjoying a cup right now, even as I type this post.

Tea is part of everyday life
My setup right now with my BIG mug of tea.
I also have a mug obsession. They are all so cute

I still miss coffee, but I am enjoying this fun and tasty new world of tea!  Do you have a favorite brand or flavor?  I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment