Saturday, March 26, 2016

Party, Pants, and Friendship

I got home not too long ago from my best friend Debbie's birthday party. It was so much fun. I got to ride to the party with her and hang out with her family and meet all of her friends. I met so many wonderful people who I have heard about for years, but can now put a face to the names.

The moments leading up to the party were a bit more challenging....what to wear?? I had one outfit in mind...but you know how that goes; once you try it on you decide maybe not.

Party and gathering clothes
This was my original outfit, but I wasn't feeling it and
the shoes weren't that comfortable

The weather can't seem to decide from one minute to the next if it is winter still or spring so that never helps, okay it will be inside that helps. The hardest part came when it was time to choose pants. Usually I would have worn jeans, but the truth is jeans just aren't that comfortable on me. Tight in some areas super loose in others. So frustrating! When I was sick last year I lost a ton of weight, now that I can eat again I managed to put some back on. Not a lot, but enough that my jeans notice the difference. So I tried on about 5 outfits with jeans and 5 outfits with leggings. Feeling completely frustrated and unsure what to wear.  I finally decided to go with leggings and be comfortable and just have a great time. I paired my leggings with some cute heals to lick the outfit up a notch and ended up receiving so many compliments!  Wardrobe crisis no more!

Birthday party outfits
Tada!  This is what I wore to the party and I am so glad I did!
I felt totally comfortable and was able to have more fun because of that
The hardest part about parties for me, is usually before I get there wondering what I will be able to eat. I didn't have to worry about that this time, Debbie told me a few weeks ago she ordered a carving station with roast beef for me (other guests were allowed to eat it as well, haha I share). She knew I could eat plain meat and wanted to make sure I was covered. She then proceeded to surprise me and told me she got me a cake. I said to her you got me a cake for your birthday party? She said absolutely! She wanted me to be able to have dessert and cake with everyone else and that is what you do for people you love, you make sure they have fun too. I was shocked. I actually started to cry a little. I am so lucky to have her in my life and be able to call her my best friend.

Gluten free party fun
I had broccoli and roast beef.
So delicious!

I am sitting here now, still a little amazed at the trouble she went through to make sure I had a good time and food to eat. I know I have done something right to have a person like that in my life and I will never forget the love she showed me today. To some it might just seem like meat and cake, but to me, it made my heart happy and the food was good too.


Gluten free and dairy free cakes
Gluten free, dairy free, coconut flour cake
I still can't believe she got me a cake.
It was really fun being able to have dessert with everyone

Have a great Saturday everyone and if you have a friend like mine remember to be thankful for having them in your life and maybe even give them an extra hug when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment