Monday, June 23, 2014

When Migraines Attack!

I figure since I have shared some major success stories on here it is only fair I share the weak moments as well. My Friday night boardwalk success left me giddy and excited. I thought if I can get through that and stay on track I can conquer anything. Turns out a 1.5 day migraine can conquer me. It started late Saturday and I couldn't seem to shake it, even after I took my prescription medicine. As I laid on the couch trying to focus through the pain all I could think about food. I'm not sure if everyone gets weird cravings when they get a migraine, but I know I do. No matter how hard I tried to fight it, I knew I was losing the battle when I got up and hit my pantry. 2 Pure Protein bars later (I didn't even know I still had any) and complete exhaustion I finally fell asleep.

Migraines without the fun

I woke up the next morning feeling like I got hit by a big truck. I was hung over without the fun party from the night before. I decided to just roll with it and laid in bed most of the morning. I finally got up and made a good healthy breakfast and plopped on the couch. I still wasn't feeling like myself so I slept on and off during the day. Anyone who knows me, knows this is not normal behavior for me. By the time I woke up late afternoon I was starving and all I wanted was protein! I ate leftover cheesey burger pie, eggs, and more cheesey burger pie. My guess is I never fully kicked the first migraine and it was lingering in the background. 


Pet Love
Chelsea kept me company on the couch all day



When I woke up this morning I was still woozy but determined. The scale and my pants reminded me of my food choices and quantity eaten. I'm hoping that it's water weight showing on the scale and will be gone ASAP! I did my normal routine, packed my gym bag, had my healthy delicious breakfast and went on with my day hoping it would be better. I straightened out some things that were lingering on my mind and needed to be taken care of, and got a lot of work done.


Eleanor Roosevelt Quote


I made it to the gym after work and enjoyed 40 min on the treadmill, I made my delicious salmon and zucchini dinner (detail about this coming soon), and had some extra veggies to snack on as I watched old episodes of Nashville. Time to relax and unwind. Nothing makes things worse than stress and tense muscles.

Homemade meals
Baked salmon and sauteed zucchini over a bed of lettuce


I'm not sure what triggered my migraine the other day, it's been a while since I had one, could have been anything from stress, not enough water intake, not sleeping great the last few weeks, being around smokers, or even the new birth control pill I'm taking. I may never figure it out, but what I do know is that sometimes our bodies rebel on us and have something else in mind. My plan is to not let it bring me down for too long or worse get down on myself, because nothing good ever comes from doing that. Smile and move forward. Oh and hope I sleep through the entire night tonight! 

Inspirational Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment