Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Fun!

I love summer time. The warm sun on my skin (sorry mom I do love the sun), the sound of the ocean at the shore, the kids laughing in the nearby pool, the smell of sunscreen (see mom I do wear sunscreen), and the longer sunny days. I also love that with summer comes our yearly family trip to Point Pleasant Beach/Boardwalk.



I had decided to take off this past Friday and it worked out that all of us were free to go. From the moment we figured out it would work out I was excited. I love our time together, seeing my nieces smiles and hearing their belly laughs as we play games, watching my family relax and enjoy each other's company, walking along the boardwalk and talking with each other, and of course the gift shops. It's our time. I also admit I was feeling a little nervous this time. Along with all the fun usually comes all the food. You know which food I am talking about...funnel cakes, fried oreos, french fries, ice cream; the delicious list goes on and on. I have been doing so good eating healthy and enjoying it for a while now I was torn between letting loose and eating it all or behaving and eating as little as possible. All week it was rolling around my mind. One second I thought eh let loose enjoy just this once and then I would think it's one second of enjoyment and then lots of feeling yucky. What is a girl to do?



Friday morning I woke up and it was beautiful out. I decided that no matter what I ended up eating later a walk was still a great idea to start the day off right. I did a nice 4.6 mile walk around my town. I ate normal for most of the day not wanting to be starving later. For the first time in a long time when I got dressed for the boardwalk I didn't want to cry at my reflection in the mirror. I actually thought I looked pretty darn cute. Off we went.

  
Family Pictures

  Playing on the Sand

After walking around and playing games it was time to eat. I told myself to just check out the menu and I would know what to do. I thought about my cute outfit, I thought about my walk in the morning and I thought about how good I felt. The decision turned out to be pretty easy. I found a place that served salads fully of chicken, avocado, mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes on a bed of delicious mixed greens. That along with a bottle of water and I was very stuffed and very proud of myself.

Yummy Salad! Love they put avocado in it

We walked more, played games, went on some rides, and then my mom suggested walking on the sand. It felt like freedom walking along the sand and near the water. The wind blowing through our hair. Hearing my nieces giggle as the water got closer to their little toes. When we walked back onto the boardwalk it was time for ice cream before we were ready to call it a day and head back to the car. I thought to myself well you did great at dinner, you played lots of games and walked on the sand that has to burn some calories, you can have a small ice cream. I was waiting online with my sister and brother-in-law when my mom called my name to show me that right next to the ice cream place was a fresh fruit stand and they had my obsession blueberries. I decided that sounded way more appealing. I got a large mixed fruit cup and felt more like a giddy kid than had I gotten the ice cream or frozen coffee deliciousness that my sister and I usually get (yes she still got it and said it was delicious).

Games, rides, prizes and more games

Haha..My dessert picture was photo bombed by my very hungry dad 

We stopped at one last gift shop where my mom treated my to a beautiful coffee mug to add to my collection and then headed to the car. On the ride home I felt so happy inside. I had enjoyed the entire day and ate delicious food all while staying healthy. It was an amazing day and boy did I sleep good that night!! I look forward to our next family adventure.

My new coffee mug with breakfast the next morning
Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment