Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Social Media and Healthy Tips


Instagram. Even if you don't use it, I would bet you have heard of it. I know I did for the longest time and for the longest time said I don't get it and why should I join when I already use Facebook and Twitter.....until now.


healthy social media
So many social media options!!
A few months ago a friend would only post on Instagram and I wanted to see the pictures she was posting so I joined. Thinking it was only for seeing a few people's pictures and that was all, imagine my surprise when as I started playing around more I found so many people posting about recipes, workouts, outfits, hair, weight loss. It was this whole other world I felt like I discovered and now enjoy very much. 

I follow some incredible people on Instagram, Twitter, g+, just to name a few sites, who have taken charge of their health and weight loss and documented step by step. I've really enjoyed seeing the different types of food people are are eating, and getting ideas for myself to make, but most importantly I started noticing how much or should I say how little they were eating. It got me thinking about my meals.

Some days it's like this.....
how not to lose weight
Just my size...what too much?
But if I take it off the bun it's low carb

Other days...

Starving all the time is not good, eat something
Oh you used up all your calories by dinner time...
too bad, now starve!

My calories and numbers say I am eating fine, but as you know I'm not dropping any more weight. When I think about my portion size I realize I'm not connecting to my stomach, I am connecting with my numbers. If I calculate I can have so many calories per meal you can bet your butt I am eating that amount even if I feel full. I am going to try and give my brain a rest from counting for a little and give my stomach and body a chance to speak. If I am stuffed, stop eating and if I am hungry I should eat. I know this may seem like common sense to some, but if you have dieted in the past and had a similar health journey like me then you know exactly what I am talking about. We are just hard wired different, but that doesn't mean we can't reprogram ourselves.  I am still going to make healthy choices and keep myself in check, but maybe knowing exact calorie and carb count isn't necessary.


why you should listen to your stomach and body
My new plan for success

Hopefully I have some great weight loss and feeling good results to share soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Burgers wrapped in lettuce are a great lower carb food - we just don't need buns.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. I will just have to get a burger now and try it :)

      Delete