Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Keep Moving...The FitBit Way

Once again I have slacked with my blog posts, but I am back! I think winter is leaving me a little uninspired. I am ready for summer and sunshine. The only downside to summer and sunshine is less clothing, so of course my mission to better health and weight loss is never far from my mind even in winter.

Winter is pretty, but I am ready for warm spring and summer weather

I've been maintaining for the most part, but it really is time to push forward. I recently started getting up early again to fit in a morning workout, I have to admit I missed those workouts, so I am glad to start that habit back up. I haven't been able to hit the gym as much with a busy and weird schedule, but I always try and do some sort of workout and of course I track my food intake with MyFitnessPal.

Funny quote - My bathing suit told me..
Do not listen to your sweat pants, they can not help you in the summer!

The biggest push to keep moving, even when all I want is my couch, actually is coming from around my wrist. Huh? You say.  Let me explain. A few months back my mom got a FitBit Charge and loved it!! My dad went out and picked up 3 more the next day; one for me, one for my sister, and one for himself. The family that FitBit together stays healthy together!

If you are looking for a little motivation and a fun way to track yourself, I highly recommend a FitBit. I have the Charge model, It has a neat display that will show me calories burned, steps, stairs, miles, and yes even the time. There is an option to wear it at night to track your sleep, but I was so busy thinking about sleeping that I didn't, whoops.  It has a neat app for my phone that tracks everything and I can sync it with MyFitnessPal to see how I am doing with my food intake.


Meet the @fitbit Charge, the latest in wearable fitness trackers. It tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, and active minutes on the easy-to-read screen. And, it even monitors your sleep quality!
FitBit Charge
It's lightweight and very comfortable to wear
Website: www.fitbit.com for details and other models

We all have different goals set, but keep each other motivated. Now instead of being lazy some Saturdays I find myself walking around with my mom and sister in the backyard. I can't even imagine what the neighbors think watching us walking, high stepping and twirling. Doing it together makes it way more fun.


fitness health and working out
Ha it's like my mom when I don't reach my FitBit goal for the day
Love you mom!

I recently upped my goal from 1600 calories burned a day to 1800 calories burned a day. Now this may seem easy, but when you have a full time desk job and a couch to go home too, it's actually more of a challenge than I thought. It really does have me moving around more. I get up from desk and walk around, I started using the printer on the other side of the building, I take the stairs and sometimes I just march in my office. Luckily my boss has a FitBit as well and knows I am not losing my mind, he even joins me some days.


FitBit Charge showing my calorie burn from yesterday.
Way better now that I remind myself to move more!

I see a shopping spree in the next few months for some cute summer clothes, because mine from last year are going to be too big on me this year!! Thank you FitBit for keeping me motivated and moving and thank you to my mom, dad and sister for their constant support and encouragement.  I love you guys!


Family = Best support team!
 I also want to be a good role model for my nieces



**I am not affiliated with the FitBit company in any way. 
I just love the product and wanted to share! **






3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, and AT IT. You go, girl! :)

    TIME CHANGE THIS WEEKEND. WOO HOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen! Your timing is great. I just finished writing a post, I need to attach pictures and then will get it back up. Thank you for your encouragement!!! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete