Friday, January 2, 2015

Writing from the Soul

I was recently wandering the aisles of TJ Maxx during one of my many holiday shopping trips. I love stores like that, because you never know what you might find. So there I was wandering around, enjoying the holiday music, luckily it was before the holiday rush so it wasn't too crowded, on my present shopping mission. I was sorting through some piles when I came across this notebook. 

Writing for the soul
Love what the outside says...I create the inside

When I read the cover it made me feel warm and happy inside. I put the book in the "maybe" part of my shopping cart. I told myself, you don't need another notebook. What will you even use it for? When it was time to pay, I couldn't seem to put the notebook back on the self, so it came home with me. 

I love my notebook.  When I was younger I used to write in a diary, not sure why I stopped, but this reminded me of that. One night I wasn't able to sleep, too much rolling around in my head I guess. I took out my notebook and just started writing. I wrote down things I didn't even know I was worrying about or feeling. My thoughts jumped around from work, dating, health, goals, you name it...It felt great to get them all out. I wasn't worried about spelling or proper grammar, I just wrote what I was feeling. Once I was done I put the book away, shut my light, and went right to sleep. 

I have continued to write in that back almost every night. It's like I am writing my fears and worries away. I am releasing them and can move on. Who knew a simple notebook that caught my eye in TJ Maxx would come to make such a big difference for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Cindy! It's an awesome book/cover! Once I defined my new passion for improved health, there really has been no stopping me. I'm such a proponent of becoming passionate. It can be a life changer, if it's channeled in the right direction. (I think you just gave me my next blog topic. LOL)

    ReplyDelete