Thursday, May 26, 2016

App Find and Weight Watchers Update

Last night was my weekly weigh-in and the scale and I are still speaking; I am down .2. Now I know some people think oh that's it, but when you are someone who has struggled so much with weight loss you see down .2 as a successful week. To me any week the scale doesn't go up is a successful week! Also, add in that I haven't been sleeping thanks to stress, allergies and sinus issues and add in not working out because I was afraid of my balance and the .2 loss means even more. Yay me!

weight loss results
A small loss is better than a small gain
I will take .2

Now more fun finds...

As an executive assistant/office manager I don't have a very active work life, meaning most of the time I'm behind my desk. I was watching my FitBit numbers one day and thought wow that's all I do in a day..I could do better. I realized once I get involved in my work I lose all track of time, so I found an app for my phone that actually reminds me to get up and move! It's free and called "Stand Up".


healthy phone apps
This is what the app looks like on an Iphone

You can program it to which days you want reminders and the length of time between reminders. I started with just weekdays, but then last week when I was lazy I turned it on to get me moving a little. I have it set to go off every 35 minutes. You can customize the reminder message that pops up, mine says "Get Moving!!!!!".


healthy and fitness apps
My settings
Very easy to set up!



FitBit steps
This is what the message looks like
when it pops up on my lock screen

I have seen my FitBit numbers increase so much. I've also noticed I'm more productive at work from taking those quick breaks and moving my body. 

If you are like me and struggle to get your steps in I highly recommend checking out this app. Also, if you don't already have a FitBit or some form of tracker I recommend one of those too. Want to know more about FitBit, check out my previous post "Keep Moving The FitBit Way" It has made me so much more aware of my activity or lack of during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment