Friday, June 3, 2016

Kids, Bikes, and Pepperoni Oh My!

Once again I failed to keep up with my posting. I promise I will get better. Some highlights from  last weekend...

I was off Friday so I got a nice long weekend. I will try and do that more often. It was nice to be away from the office for a little. Back to the fun...my weekend was truly a mix of relaxing and fun. Friday afternoon I had my nieces, all to myself. This was a first and won't be the last! I love spending time with those girls so much. They even put together a list of goodies I should keep at my place for the next time they come over. I'm really looking forward to more opportunities over the summer to have them and spend time with them. I did sleep good that night! 

My nieces, Ashley and Kaitlyn! 
Saturday morning I went bicycle riding with my dad. Now that may not seem like much to some, but this was my first time on a bike since I was 12! My very brave dad let me borrow his spare bike, he got it all set for me, and took me out around town. I was so very nervous. He was very patient! At first I was wobbly and couldn't go straight, but towards the end of the ride I was mostly stable and enjoying. I could still use some work on my turns and stopping quickly. The only reason we stopped was because my butt was killing me! It's now 2 days later and my butt is still sore lol! I had a blast, might invest in a better seat so I can ride with him more. It was also really fun switching up my workout.  


Thankfully my coworker lent me a helmet


My dad! He was so patient and calm with me
Saturday afternoon was spent relaxing at the pool and then my mom, sister, and nieces came for fun in the pool. I was glad I brought a packet of almonds because I was hungry! Saturday night was spent at a friend's house just chatting around the table with goodies and having fun. The rest of the weekend was mostly relaxing and some errands.

I can't believe it's already coming to an end and back to work tomorrow, but I'm glad I enjoyed every minute I could. As for eating...well did you know Weight Watcher's weekly points can go into the negative? They can. I didn't drink or eat enough during the day and at night it usually backfired. I ate my pantry and at my friend's house I overate pepperoni and kielbasi. Sure it was better than chips and pretzels and was at least low carb, but calories are calories. And I ate lots and lots of very portable almonds this weekend. 

I will find my summer rhythm with food and getting hydrated, since I can't undo the weekend goofiest just said oh well and moved on. I'm tired of beating myself up all the time if I am not perfect. 

Finally, last but not least, today I started my new Beachbody workout called Insanity Max 30. Let me tell you this workout is no joke!! None stop for 30 minutes. When you take a break that's when you "max out". My first cardio challenge workout and I maxed out at 12 minutes. That is now my time to beat. My goal is 5 lbs gone by July 4! There it is in writing. 


No joke this workout is crazy intense and so good! 

I was a sweaty mess after my first Insanity Max 90 workout   

Can you feel my determination!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment