Sunday, May 22, 2016

Catch Up and Next Week

Sunday night. The moment you realize the weekend is officially over and a new week starts. I spent most of the weekend relaxing and doing nothing. I didn't sleep that great last week so it was nice to just do a quick cleaning, some errands, and then sit down, watch tv, and take naps.

sleeping relaxing kitten
Abby was very happy about the relaxing and taking naps portion of the weekend
I love snuggling with her

I did go to my friends' house Saturday night for dinner and a movie. It's so nice having friends who respect my lifestyle choices and have even started their own health journey!! Although we all had a good laugh when I busted out my food scale. What not everyone travels with their food scale?? Ha. I love my friends who get me! They made chicken breast, veggies, and salad.  I did also bring my own dressing for the salad.They have both recently started following a low carb diet lifestyle. I am so proud of them and the healthy changes they are learning to incorporate into their daily lives.Jerry, was told he was pre-diabetic a couple of months ago and decided then it was time to change. We talked about different meals and things he could do and now his wife is also following the plan. It's really fun watching them do it as a couple and they are both losing weight and feeling healthier and better about themselves!!

Healthy lifestyle choices
Scale and dressing packed and ready to go.
Good thing my parents got me a beautiful big bag for my birthday.

Last week at my Weight Watchers meeting I was so excited because I lost the .8 I gained the week before and I took off an additional 1.2lbs! Woohoo! Although I admit at one point I went, ugh so much more to go and can I do it. Well yes I can I reminded myself! I'm following weight watchers, I am working out, and the support I have received from my friends makes me feel like the impossible can be accomplished. This time I am losing the weight the healthy way. I am making peace with eating and food choices. It may take longer to lose it but at least I know this time it will stay lost!!

Home fitness workouts
Feeling good.
Beachbody workout at 5 am is how I start my day.

So as the weekend comes to an end I sit here and think what can I improve or do better next week...


Conquer your goals
Set the goals, write them down, and achieve them!

1) less nighttime snacking. Even though I may have points I believe nighttime snacking isn't great for my body's digestion

2) try and add in 1 or 2 days extra of cardio. Hoping the weather improves so I can get out walking again. I'm even hoping my dad will teach me how to bike ride! 

3) drink more water! 

4) speak kindly to myself and know that on days when maybe getting dressed because nothing fits right is a challenge I remind myself I am on the right path and to stay strong! Soon those clothes will fit better than ever. 

What are your healthy, either mentally or physically, for the upcoming week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment