Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Celebrating Me at 33

I had a wonderful weekend! This weekend was my birthday party. Yup I threw myself a birthday party. I decided back in February that it was time I had a party at my place. That is not just 1 big deal but 2. When I first moved into my place I had a little gathering a friends come over..what a disaster! They spent the night criticizing my new place because it needed updates, when they weren't doing that they were talking about cheating on spouses, death, and anything else you can think of that would make a person feel yucky. It was a horrible time. I finally told them to leave, because I couldn't take it any more. I spent the rest of the evening trying to Clorox everything because the negative vibes really bothered me and crying because it was such a horrible night. That was the last time I had a group of people in my home. And the other big deal is I have never thrown myself a birthday party and for as long as I can remember I had to share my parties with either my sister or her husband because our birthday's are all so close.  Nope this year I decided it was time to celebrate me. My invite even said "celebrating me at 33".


Party outfit! Jeans and a cute sparkly shirt.


I'm lucky to have lots of people I get to be stupid funny with!

It was the most wonderful party! All of my closest friends came to celebrate with me. A bunch of them had never even met each other. I was nervous, hoping everyone got along and had fun and they really did!  I made my favorite pulled pork (check out Pulled Pork Deliciousness), it was a hge hit!! Everyone brought something yummy too. I wish I had taken a picture it was a truly incredible spread of homemade hummus, guacamole, veggie trays, dips and more.  For dessert I wanted to do something creative so I had a cupcake bar. We also had poppems, fruit salad and a cookie cake all brought by friends.It was a delicious and filling time!!

I made almond flour cupcakes and regular for everyone to enjoy.
For toppings, I chopped up candies and had 2 types of frosting

I stood there at one point watching all of my friends laugh, eat, have fun, and share. My heart filled up. I must be doing something right to have all of these wonderful people in my life, who took time out of their busy lives to celebrate with me.



Selfie with my soul sister Debbie.
I love this special lady!

Each card making me smile

I also received Gerber Daisies.
Aren't the pretty and they make me believe
spring weather might actually show up soon. 

Nights like last night, help remind me that even though things are a little crazy in life right now, fun is necessary for the soul. I spent the entire day after feeling happy, calm, and relaxed inside.

The only casualty of the nigh was my kitchen floor.  Someone wore heels and must have been leaning or digging her heels in because I have dents in the floor. I suppose that is the risk you take when hosting a party, but don't worry it won't stop me from hosting another party!


Floor casualty
My poor kitchen floor!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least the damage is now done (on the floor.) ;)

    I'm so glad you had a great party, and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    Yes, I'm back among the (blog) living.

    Looks like you are doing really well, and that warms my heart, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you are back! Which blog are you updating, please send me the link I want to catch up!! I took some time off too but happy to be back and thank you for the birthday wishes. I hope everything is good with you and your family!!!

      Delete