Saturday, April 9, 2016

21 Day Fix...Round 1 Complete

21 days ago I started this new program. I said I can do this and I will do this. I remember the first workout I did, I thought why am I torturing myself again. Maybe being unhealthy isn't so bad. I'm not sure I can do this, but I pushed on. I was so sore the next day and yet I felt proud.

weightloss cardio routine
Me, after my first 21 Day Fix Cardio Workout
Someone please peel me off the floor

So 21 days later and here is my update...

I could show you my before and after measurements and weight, but I don't need to because the truth is nothing much changed...well...the things that changed can not be shown in numbers. Now before you go and say the program wasn't a success, let me be honest and say I don't blame the 21 Day Fix program at all. The program definitely did not tell me to binge eat on peanut butter at least once a week. The program definitely did not tell me to eat carrots like my life depended on it (yes, even carrots have limits to what should be consumed). I did all of that on my own. While I eat healthy foods, I tend to binge on those foods, making them not so healthy.

This is the most delicious peanut butter ever!!
But, until I get my peanut butter binge under control, not allowed in my home. 
Now for the positives.... while the numbers are the same, my strength has greatly improved!!  I can do push-ups, yes plural, more than one during a set. I have never ever been able to do a push-up. Now I can. I can do lunges and squats...I can up my weights for some exercises. I can do a few more crunches than I was able to when I first started. This gives me hope, so much hope.

Abby helping me workout
You've heard of downward dog...this is downward cat
LOOK!  Muscle!! They were not there 21 days ago.
I can't wait to see results after round 2!

The numbers may not have changed,
but I'm starting to feel better in my own skin
Besides the physical aspect, there is also the mental aspect. I am proud of myself for getting up at 5 am every morning to make sure I got my workout in. Even when the night before may have been a peanut butter binge night, I still got up and worked out. I didn't once say, I give up. I've also realized, even more, that the stress of my life is starting to take a toll on me. Since January it has been non-stop. My job is crazy right now. My cat needed dental surgery (scary as a kitty mom and expensive). I have bills that need to be paid. And I am still healing from all of last year. I realized I am a HUGE emotional eater, especially at night when I am sooo tired; I've noticed I tend to eat instead of think. I am hoping now that I realize consciously how bad it has gotten I can help myself a little better to prevent it.

Proud of myself for not giving up, even after binge nights.
Proud of the sweat on my face!

Big relief having her surgery over.
She had to have 4 teeth pulled, poor fluffy baby

I know life can get busy and out of control, but I also know right now I need to find my balance and happy place. So my plan is to make sure I don't over jam pack my weeks, especially after work. Some plans may just have to wait until another week. I need to spend more time relaxing, having fun, and playing with my cats. I am going to look for better ways to handle my nighttime eating, I picked up some new tea to try and that might help keep my mouth busy and my taste buds happy.

I love yogi teas!
They have such a good variety I want to try them all
As for 21 Day Fix...bring on round 2! I am so excited to start another round. I feel this time I am even more prepared mentally and psychically. Originally, I posted that I was going to follow their eating plan, but have ultimately decided to hold off and go back to tracking calories with MyFitnessPal. That is a system I know very well and I think it will allow me to track, be aware, but not overly worried about how many fruits I eat in a day. Some days I don' even want fruit, on the 21 Day Fix plan they have built-in allotments. If after Round 2 I don't see results, guess what I am going back for Round 3 and will try the eating plan their way.

Get ready myfitnesspal...I am back!

I've come to realize this isn't about perfection, this isn't about failure, this is about finding what works for the long term. This is about real life. This is about helping myself. This is about finding inner strength and never giving up on myself.

I need to find a good balance in life not just about work and health but that also includes.....


Relaxing with my kitties (sweet Abby face)
Having more fun!
Shark selfie with Jay!!

Stopping each day to take a minute, breathe, say thank you and
appreciate the beauty in the day

Not giving up is already a huge success in my book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment