Thursday, April 7, 2016

Birthday Fun Times

Monday, April 4 was my birthday. I am now officially 33 years old/young. In the past I was never a big fan of birthdays. I have no good reason, just wasn't. However, this year I decided I was going to enjoy my birthday, heck I was going to enjoy the entire week of my birthday. I was also very determined to have some sort of cake to put my candles in.

So how did it go you ask...it was WONDERFUL!!! I can't take all the credit, actually I can't take any. Thanks to the amazing people in my life this year's birthday was one the best ever birthdays! It all started the Saturday before my birthday. The wonderful man in my life, Jay, took me to the aquarium. It was so much fun. I haven't been to the aquarium since I was a kid and truthfully I don't even remember it. I felt like a kid as we walked around and hopped between different exhibits. Good thing he knows how to read exhibit maps because I was just wandering. Also, on the health side my FitBit was showing some large number accomplishments after walking around all day.  

Admit it, you just played the jaws theme song in your head
I don't love winter, but I do think cold weather animals are so cute, and that includes penguins. They had the adorable black and white penguins for us to see, but they also had a new exhibit with blue penguins. They are Australia and just as adorable. 

Blue penguins.  I am pretty sure the guy on the end was posing. They were so adorable.  

Can't forget these guys, just because they may not be blue but they were so cute!!
The one on the mat didn't move for at least 20 minutes, we think he is still there.
Another favorite was the giant turtles. They are huge and yet they swim very gracefully. I could have watched them all day playing with each other and I think they were posing too. These animals know what they are doing. 

So huge and so graceful.  Let me in the water I want to play!
We also got lucky, after we were done inside we went to leave and to our very happy surprise the rain and nasty weather had cleared. We were able to walk and hang out along the waterfront for a little. 



Selfish at the aquarium!

I love being outside, especially near water. There is something so peaceful and freeing
Then it was off to dinner. I can't even tell you how wonderful it feels to be with someone who respects your health and understands you can't just eat anything and is okay with that. Never once does he make me feel bad that I eat differently or that I take my time and like to check out menus online first to be prepared. We picked a place to eat and off we went...is it wrong that I got seafood after going to the aquarium. Hmmm....

I was able to eat out, enjoy, keep it healthy, and was full after!

Yes, it tasted as delicious as it looks
Jay kept it healthy too with steak, and green beans.
He requested no mashed potatoes, but they showed up on his plate.
The man has willpower and only had a few bites. 
And that was only Saturday!

On Sunday my parent's came over to my place to celebrate with me since weekdays are always harder. My mom even brought over lunch and made food I could enjoy as well. I think it was hard for them at first to realize my way of eating wasn't about some fad or crash diet it was about my health. It was about feeling better and healing my insides. Now my mom makes food I can eat and enjoy as well. It means a lot to me. She even brought over strawberries for dessert. Adding to the fun was earlier that morning I decided to try making vanilla almond flour cupcakes (don't worry I will post about them). They were delicious!! I even put a little PB2 on top instead of icing and my dad put cool whip on his. My mom was able to put the candle in the cupcake for me and I got one of my wishes...my candle in a cupcake!! It's the little details in life that mean so much. 

Finally!! It's this the prettiest dessert. More than that, it meant a lot to me that my parents put it together.
(The brownies on the side my dad happily enjoyed)


Birthday presents! My mom and dad got me some really fun presents, but I had to share this beautiful bag.
I couldn't wait to use it for work Monday. 
While most of my birthday fun took place on the weekend, it was still for my birthday and so much fun!! I will never forget the amazing weekend I had, oh and in addition, I am having a party this coming weekend to celebrate with my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment