Sunday, September 7, 2014

Easy Cheesy Burger Pie

There are some foods that get you right down to your soul. You eat them and they make you happy and warm inside. My mom would make this dish for us growing up that she called meatloaf. It wasn't until years later when I tried someone else's meatloaf that I realized my mom's dish was not meatloaf, but a million times better. My sister renamed the dish cheesy burger pie, after you read the rest of this post you will understand why.

When I started playing around in the kitchen I wanted to get a few dishes under my belt that I knew I could make, and make well, before really trying out different recipes. I turned to my mom who taught me how to make her delicious, low carb, mouth watering, cheesy burger pie. I could not believe how easy it was to make.


easy to make meals
Very few ingredients, BIG time taste!


Ingredients:
3-4 lbs ground beef
** I prefer to use 80% lean ground beef (I like a little fat) **

3 eggs
Shredded mozzarella cheese
** You can use your favorite cheese if you don't like mozzarella **

Salt and pepper to taste

Yup that's all it takes. I know it doesn't sound like much and if you are someone who needs a lot of spices and kick to your meals I am sure you can adjust it to taste the way you love. Me I love the cheese and meat combination flavors and I don't need much else.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Spray a  9 x 13 baking dish with Pam or something so the meat doesn't stick to it.  I also like to put that on top of an aluminum foiled baking sheet just in case it splatters at all the baking dish will catch it and not my oven.


Egg cracking for recipe
Crack 3 eggs into mixing bowl.
I do this first just in case any shells get away from me


Add mozzarella cheese
When it comes to the cheese, I don't have an exact measurement.
I put in as much I want. So I will leave that to your preference. 


Time to add the meat
Mix everything together.
I use my (clean) hands to get everything good and mixed

Get ready for a delicious low carb and tasty meal

Transfer the meat mixture to the baking dish and flatten out as best you can. Put additional cheese on top of the meat and stick in the oven for about 60 minutes.

Easy to make meat dinner
Flatten meat mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish

Low carb dinner
Add extra yummy cheese on top

About halfway through cooking, check it and see if the cheese on top is starting to get crispy. You don't want it to burn too much, a way to avoid this is to put tinfoil over the top for the remainder of cooking.

Keto friend recipes
Let the drooling begin!
One taste of my cheesy burger pie and your taste buds and heart will be hooked

I love to let it cool off a little and then dig in! You will be hooked. Good thing it is so easy to make, because I make it often.

I hope you and everyone you share this with enjoys my favorite cheesy burger pie.

burger pie
mmm beef, cheese, side salad and  lot of delicious flavor!


No comments:

Post a Comment