Saturday, September 20, 2014

Nature Walk

Last night my mom stopped by my place for a little to help me pick out some outfits, catch up on my online dating stories (that's a post for a whole other day), and just fun girl talk. I love our time together, It was so much fun! While we were talking about eating and working out she asked me why I stopped walking. I looked at her confused and told her that I am on the treadmill every morning at 5:30. She said that's great, but what about your outdoor weekend walks and walking in the park. I thought about it for a second, why had I stopped walking outside around town or in the park. I didn't even find other parks to walk in like I had hoped to do this summer. Okay sure the summer was a little humid, but not terrible and the bugs were annoying, but not the worst. Even after she left I couldn't stop thinking about my outside walks. I love those walks. I always felt so refreshed and rejuvenated after one of those walks.


outside exercies
Nice way to start the weekend and my workout! 

This morning when I got up and went to get into my normal workout clothes and hop on my now normal treadmill routine, I stopped myself, time to go back outside. It was around 6:30 and pretty chilly...I loved it!! I had on long sleeves and my headphones and loved every second of my walk. I watched the sun finish rising, the squirrels start running around for the day, the air was calm and pretty quiet with not too many people up and out yet. I did about 3.5 miles, it wasn't my fastest time, but I really enjoyed taking everything in and being in the moment. You can bet this will be back on my weekend routines!! I'm so glad my mom said something to me and reminded me how much I love my outdoor walks.

Outdoor recreation
My squirrel friend
Stayed in front of me for at least a 1/2 mile before
finding just the right tree to hop in

Hope everyone has a great weekend and if it's nice out, go outside and enjoy it!!

Jogging outdoor fun
Love the fall weather.
I'm definitely looking forward to more weekend walks
Eggs and cheese for breakfast
My after walk low carb breakfast
Eggs over messy with some cheese, a little salad
and a big cup of coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment