Monday, August 11, 2014

Healthy Feel Good Vibes

In the past whenever I went on a diet and tried to lose weight I would make deals with myself, like if I lost 5 lbs by a certain date I would treat myself to a manicure or buy some new clothes. I have to admit most of the time I didn't make my goal and then usually felt way worsen and usually buried my disappointment in a package of oreos. This time has been totally different.


About a week after joining the gym and really getting into fitness I started noticing how cute some of the women looked. Sure they were sweaty hot messes, but they looked darn good. I looked down at my normal outfit of baggy pants and a plain shirt and felt frumpy. For those of you who can relate, do we agree that is not the best feeling and definitely not motivating? I decided it was time to change that. Since I was on a pretty tight budget I headed to Walmart and hit the jackpot!!  I found pants that came in different lengths, I am short so that is a big deal. I found some really nice and great quality tank tops and shirts. I had so much fun trying them on and picturing myself working out in them. I still get excited when I put on a cute outfit to go workout. After another few paychecks I got myself a new pair of sneakers. I loved putting them on and knowing I was going to break them in with every step I took. The purchases were not for not for anyone to compliment me or comment, they were for me to smile every time I used them, too look forward to using them, and to feel good while doing something good for myself.

Walmart Fitness Clothing
Just a couple of the Danskin tanks and pants I got at Walmart.
That's Abby in background helping model

Workout Attire
ASICS Women's Gel-Unifire TR Training Shoe
I had a lot of fun breaking them in

One of my best friends is trying to lose weight and when we were talking the other day she seemed so blah and down about herself. I told her to treat herself to something that makes her feel good inside. I noticed that when I take care of me I want to continue to take care of me. When I feel good in my own skin it makes me motivated to continue to work harder. The next day she told me she made a healthy breakfast for herself, first time in a long time and was going to get her nails done, again first time in a while. I was so proud of her, finally stepping up and ready to take care of herself. We even talked about meeting up at one of the parks this week to go walking together.

Hard work and dedication
Hardest lesson I had to learn, but best lesson

I realized it's not about spending money or showing off, it's about what makes you feel good and treating yourself special. Buy some pretty measuring cups or get a hair cut. It's anything that makes you smile, so that every time you go to take care of yourself you remember the feeling. You look forward to your new workout clothes, new measuring cups, or even having your nails done.

Health and Fitness


Why should we only reward ourselves when we hit a goal. I'm not saying go shopping every day but occasionally treat yourself nice and remember you are important. Everyday that you get up and keep trying and working towards a healthy fit you is a success!!

Love yourself first
Lucille Ball put it perfectly!
 Love yourself first!!

1 comment:

  1. Hy.... Very great and informative blog post here. I will share your post with others. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep sharing more interesting things with us
    Buy Forzest online

    ReplyDelete