Thursday, August 28, 2014

Crockpot to the Rescue

This week has been busy! Fun, but busy. Sunday is my day to usually do the food shopping and cooking for the week. I really love being prepared and knowing the I will something to eat for every meal. I know that more "ugh why did I eat that" moments happen when I am not prepared. My usual Sunday turned into a really fun creative day. My mom and dad have been changing and redoing rooms on and off with lots of DIY (do it yourself) projects. My sister and I headed over for this weeks project of updating photos and hang frames. I admit I left the designing to them, but helped with picking out photos. Like most projects once you start it's too fun to stop and it also turned into a fun family dinner when my brother in law came over to help too.

Decor can change a room
Beginning of the DIY photo hallway
Fast forward to Monday morning. I am in the kitchen having breakfast before work when I realize I only have enough cooked food for lunch. I was also supposed to have plans to meet up with Debbie for coffee later that night. Not leaving me much time to cook. And then I heard my crockpot calling my name from the cabinet. I pulled it out with a plan. I grabbed a chuck steak from the freezer and placed it in. No need to remember to defrost the extra moisture from being frozen just makes it that much juicers as it cooks. I cut up some garlic, sprinkled some salt and pepper, and put in a couple of teaspoons of butter. I know, I know, you are saying BUTTER? That's what I said to my mom when she first told me how to make this meal, but trust me it works and it's delicious! I put the lid on and set the crockpot for 8 hours on low.

Garlic instructions
I found neat garlic tip...
After you cut off the end, put the flat end of the knife on top and push down lightly.
This helps you peel the garlic so much quicker!

It is as easy as it sounds
Place chuck in crockpot/garlic/butter, cook, and enjoy

I came home for lunch and let me tell you my place smelled amazing. I was drooling just thinking about my dinner.


Slowcooker chuck steak
Lunch time check in...I didn't want to open the lid and release the heat
but you can see it getting delicious and juicy

Finally home after a busy Monday and was really happy I had remembered to use my crockpot. I roasted up some broccoli and had a complete, healthy, low carb dinner meal with enough for leftovers during the week. Thank you crockpot and my mom for teaching me her meal ideas.


slowcooker cooking
Finished crockpot chuck steak!
Slowcooker meal made easy
My finished low carb/paleo dinner
The meat came out so juicy and tender.
I was full after eating, good thing Debbie and I only got coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment