Monday, April 25, 2016

21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers

Today I officially started my second round of 21 Day Fix, and I also restarted with Weight Watchers. I was originally planning on starting my second round of 21 2 weeks ago, but decided to take a week off and then one week turned into two. No good. I was starting to miss the baby muscles I had begun to see after the first round.

Beach Body Workout
21 Day Fix Calendar..Bring it on!


Beyond the scale
The new program focuses on more than just the number on the scale


I got up a 5:00 a.m. this morning with determination and by 5:30 a.m. I was sweating and feeling really proud of myself. It amazing how much of a difference 2 weeks makes; exercises that I was actually upping weights on were now causing me to get out of breath quicker. Good thing I didn't let it go past 2 weeks.

Working out progress
This was after round 1 of 21 Day Fix...
Can't wait to see 2nd round results!

My decision to start Weight Watchers was a pretty easy one as well. I had success in the past, when I actually followed the program and my bestie Debbie is a lifer. I hear her stories and see her success and know it works. I love that Weight Watchers allows me a little freedom to eat regular food, have some fun, and more than anything it will keep me accountable for my eating actions. I am mentally in a great place right now which helps, I know life will have stressful moments but if I start to incorporate good habits now, I am hoping they will stick during the difficult times.

This week I have 2 eating out events, ugh, eating my own food is always easier because I can pick it and know it and control it, eating out brings a whole other set of challenges and that does even include is the food gluten free, rice free, potato free and lactose free....

How to eat out being gluten free, lactose free
Caution..Food I didn't make ahead!  Beware of unknown ingredients!

Tomorrow is the first event, a golf outing for work. No I don't play, but I do get to ride around in the golf course and take pictures. My day will start with my 21 Day Fix workout, "Upper Fix". Then off to the country club. I will eat my own breakfast before going, most likely a paleo shake with almond butter. Yum! Then later in the afternoon we stop for lunch at the halfway house, last year I got a turkey wrap with cheese...that will not work this year. No to wrap and no to cheese...hmmm. I could take the turkey off the wrap but how filing is that. Anyway...after golf there is a dinner reception, this is the hard one because there is sooo much delicious food. So my plan....try my best to make the best choices I can and most importantly TRACK everything I eat. That is the best I can do, maybe I will be hungry if I have small portions of good but not low point foods, but that is a chance I have to take. I am committed to making this program work for my life.

Yeah not happening this year... And that's not a lot of turkey to take off the wrap

The second eating out event is dinner with Debbie. The good news is, it's with Debbie, my lifetime WW bestie. We are going to Applebees so I will just check the menu before dinner and see the points. The WW app is super easy to use and look up points.

My bestie!!  And WW lifetimer
I am so excited to start seeing results from using both programs. I want my baby muscles back! I like them a lot and I wouldn't mind my size smaller pants fitting again :)

Stay tunes for more updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment